Are you concerned about the cleaning and restoration of marble surfaces? Marble polishing is important to renew marble surfaces that see enough wear and tear to dull its surface. If you want to clean marble safely and effectively you need to avoid the mistakes to face a battle with marble stains and spills.
Simple mistakes can cause considerable damage to your flooring. Here are some common mistakes listed to avoid when polishing your marble flooring. The travertine polishing is specially used in the application such as kitchen and bathroom flooring.
Before polishing the surface check the quality of the marble:
Sometimes, you won’t get the desired results even after using the premium technique to polish the surface. At times, to polish cultured marble flooring you may use the natural methods that will not only damage the flooring but also increase the expenses. Here are some few tips to check the quality of the marble floor:
- If the marble is fragile it means the back of the marble is covered by a net or mesh it can be easily damaged. When polishing this type of marble you must avoid using too much pressure.
- Sometimes on the surface marble flooring can develop fissure or small holes. Before you start polishing these holes must be filled with a sealant.
- Before installing the marble make sure to check the complete name. Sometimes minor changes in the marble name can have a huge impact on its quality.
- Check the type of marble flooring you have used whether natural or cultured. Without checking the marble type, if you polish the floor it can damage the floor which will increase your cost.
Remove stains before polishing:
Marble is a porous material, where it is susceptible to staining and etching. Before polishing, if stains are not removed it will appear more evident after polishing. You must implement a suitable stain removal process to get the best results. When implementing a stain removal process, here are some points to consider.
- To remove the stains don’t use harsh or acidic chemicals. Even some acidic chemicals are good polishing agents, they can corrode the marble.
- Before you start cleaning it, check the type of stain, some common stains include metal, biological, oil-based, ink, paint, and water stains. You can easily choose the right method to remove the stain by identifying the type of stain.
- When you remove stains certain scratches are left behind if steps are not taken to remove the scratches it causes damage to the flooring. By cleaning the stains with a soft cloth you can maintain the smooth surface of the marble flooring.
- To get the desired result use the marble cleaner and sealer.
Use the right cleaning and polishing material:
Most of them will walk into a store and select any material to polish the marble. This will damage the floor. To get the desired result buy polishing material that suits your type of flooring. It is one of the most common mistakes that many will do without knowing.
Use the right dry-cleaning method:
After polishing your marble floors may look perfect, but the shiny look will disappear after a few days if you don’t use the right dry-cleaning method. To obtain the maximum benefit of polishing use marble cleaner and sealer that makes the look permanent.
Wrapping it up:
These are the common mistakes that you need to avoid while doing marble polishing. Maintain the marble floors regularly by avoiding these mistakes to bring out its excellent appearance and condition. Using the right cleaning products for marble and travertine polishing that help you to achieve a desirable result.