Summary: Planning to buy a new mattress? Before visiting a furniture store in Kingsgrove, learn about these key details about mattress materials and lifespans.
We spend 30% of our lives asleep in beds. Buying a comfortable mattress that helps us sleep well is very important. However, many homeowners continue to use old mattresses. The average mattress lasts 7-10 years. Is yours older? Don’t worry. Before visiting a furniture store Kingsgrove, go through these basic facts about mattresses –
- Typically, mattresses contain different combinations of materials. The most widely used materials in mattresses are – latex, memory foam, hybrid, and innerspring.
- Latex mattresses are the most durable. They last at least 15 to 25 years.
- Memory foam mattresses last 8 to 10 years on average.
- Hybrid mattresses last 7 to 10 years on average.
- Innerspring mattresses last 5 to 7 years on average.
Each type of material will offer different types of comfort and support. The following factors also impact the durability of mattresses –
- The original quality of the mattress.
- The quality of your bed; a cheap bed will quickly wear out a mattress made with durable materials.
- Mattresses lose their structure quicker when they’re frequently by people with heavier body weights. Such people should avoid buying cheap furniture near me and go for mattresses made with heavy-duty springs.
- The frequency of use. Mattresses that are used occasionally last longer.
Does your old and uncomfortable mattress need replacing? There are several furniture stores near me that sell top-quality mattresses. Before visiting a store, learn about these classic signs of mattress damage. If you recognize these signs, it’s time for you to buy a new mattress –
- Your sleep is better on other mattresses
- You wake up multiple times at night.
- You’re experiencing allergy or asthma symptoms.
- You have odd body aches and pains.
- Your mattress has torn at the edges.
- The mattress feels saggy and dusty all the time.
- The mattress isn’t supportive enough for you and your partner.
Buying a New Mattress: Key Factors to Consider
Shopping for mattresses at a top furniture store in Kingsgrove is always fun because you get various options. Amongst all the options, there are two vital considerations shoppers have to make –
The Mattress Size
Standard sizes of double-bed mattresses range from 140-200 cm (width) to 190-220 cm (length). You can also get a custom-designed mattress if your bed size is abnormal. While deciding which size between the 160×200 cm range is ideal for your bed, consider the following –
- Make sure the mattress you buy fits tightly, without any gaps inside your bed frame.
- Larger models need to be squeezed, so they get deformed very quickly.
- Smaller mattresses are looser. They constantly move and are very inconvenient.
You can also measure your old mattress to determine the ideal size of the new one.
Regular or Orthopaedic?
Orthopaedic mattresses come with special spring blocks hidden under the mattress layers. They’re designed for people who cannot afford to have unhealthy body positions during sleep (manual workers, athletes, etc.). They cost more than classic mattresses. But, they relieve muscle tension, provide high-quality rest, and are quite durable.
The best furniture stores in Sydney sell orthopaedic double mattresses. Before buying one, consult with an orthopaedic doctor to learn about the most suitable options for your body. Use this guide to choose a mattress for your bed.