Do you think your timber flooring needs Floor sanding and polishing in Sydney? Well, sanding and polishing is not a challenging task if you know the procedure. This article will provide you with the best tips that can help you in sanding and polishing the floors in Sydney.
Just follow these step-by-step processes for Floor sanding and polishing Sydney.
Prepare The Room
You can start the process of sanding and polishing unless your room is well-prepared for the process. Careful preparation of the room can help you in getting convenient Floor sanding and polishing.
- Move every element from your room, like furniture and furnishings.
- Try to remove the carpet from the floor. If your floor has vinyl sheets, make sure to remove them too.
- Try to check if there are any loose nails or pointy objects. Any sharp and pointy object on the floor can damage the process of Floor sanding and polishing.
- Turn off all ventilation in the room and also try to put sheets in any opening. If you don’t cover the ventilation, you may have dust all over the place.
- Use all safety gears needed for DIY projects to make sure that you complete the process without any accident.
Sand The Floor
Once your room is prepared well for sanding, it’s time to sand the floor. You will need two major machines for Floor sanding and polishing. These two machines include the drum sander and the hand edge sander. The drum sander’s main purpose is to sand the floor, and the hand edge sander is used to sand the corners. You may also need quality sandpaper with needed grit.
To get a perfect sanding experience, try to know about the types of sand:
- Coarse Sand: You can use the coarse sand grit paper to sand diagonally across the room. To sand the edges and corners, you can use a hand edge sander. For difficult corners, wrapping sandpaper can be used.
- Medium Sand: It is helpful in sanding the scratch caused by the coarse sand. Try to sand it vertically instead of diagonally to get a better result.
- Final Sand: The final sanding process will make sure that you get a smooth feel after floor sanding and polishing. Before you begin the final sand, make sure to fill all holes with a water-based putty to get a smooth look and feel.
To polish the floor, you can choose between a water-based polish and an oil-based polish. You can choose the water-based polish if you don’t want smell and odour. All polishes are available in gloss, semi-gloss, and matte finish. Thus, you can choose them easily as per your needs. You can apply the polish on the floor by using a varnish brush.